PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways : (Whinging pax post)
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2006, 10:29
BaghDaddy.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I presume you are a Delhi native.

All your issues at Delhi airport are to do with the quality of local staff they hired. Maybe they need to take a long, hard look at themselves. Personally, I’ve found that approximately 100% of dealings with that nationality turn into an out-right cluster-f**k so I’m not surprised to see what happened to you. I do, however, find it faintly amusing that you have been rear-ended by your own people!

Brainlessness such as shown by the “rough baggage handler” is to be expected. Why didn’t you say something right then and there instead of silently fuming and mentally composing your complaint?

“Simpering, servile” style? I reckon some people go everywhere expecting to be disappointed and with ready-made complaints because they are miserable f***s from a miserable place. I guess there is just no pleasing some people because Indian passengers’ usual complaint is of a lack of respect from the cabin crew, no matter how hard the crew try:

: "I’m sorry sir, there is only a choice of chicken, beef, fish or vegetarian."

: "You are RACIST!!"

: "Would you like another Walking Johnny, on the rocks, no ice, Sir?"

: "You did not smile enough, you are RACIST!!"

: "Sir, would you please stop staring at the blonde crew-members and beating off under your blanket, it is unseemly."

: "I am BRITISH!! You are RACIST!!"

As for Doha being a zoo, this is the Middle East, what did you expect? Are you telling me Delhi airport wasn’t the same? It happens at Dubai airport too. People, usually Africans or Asians, laying about the place like it’s a refugee shelter. It’s the done thing. No one minds.

Qatar (and the others) do indeed cater to the nouveau-riche wannabes. That’s why they have so many flights operating to/from India.

Spend your cash with Emirates, until they upset you too. You won’t get much respect, though, because it’s an India flight and crew are becoming sick to death of the crap and bulls**t they put up with as a matter of course to those destinations. Delhi has the reputation of being the worst out of India. Personally I believe Cochin might be the best because the people are a little more working class and down to earth. The worst thing you have to worry about with the Cochinese is them smoking or jerkin’ their gherkin.

Edited to add: