PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoff Dixon Writes To 2600 Pilots, Threatens Union Payment Cuts
Old 16th Mar 2006, 00:43
relax737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plane mad and CofB, Dixon doesn't care ifhe has the most efficient pilots in the world for the lowest price. He will wlways want more.
I agree with other posters on these forums/ae, he doesn 't car e if he has you earning less than a base grade clerk he'llkeep at you always wanting more.

What is at stake here is his bonus and the morehe saves the more he gets.
I know it 's been said before. Managements don't give a tinker's cuss about things like safety. If they did then why would they attempt to cut maintenance?? It's up to us, the pilots to keep the operation safe.

They're obliged to say they do because it looks good, but there it stops. They know you don't want to die so will be conservative with maintenance issues and then it will be fixed if you dig in.

I have a number of good matesin Qantas, and one in particular says he is appalled that they hold themselves up to be the safest airline in the world,but their maintenance standard is so poor.
The public are getting onto that but do they stop travelling with Qantas? No because they believe the hype.. Simple as that

56P, dramatic stuff, but quite right. I hope what most see as the inevitable does't hit out Qantasbrothers but Dixon is out to make 10 million a year for himself and the only thatwill happen is to bl eed the tropps for it.
I think Qf insider is deluding himself.

Last edited by relax737; 16th Mar 2006 at 01:17.