PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military coup to over throw UK Government
Old 15th Mar 2006, 23:42
Conan the Librarian
TheVillagePhotographer.co.uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think a lot will be written in the future about Mountbatten, or "Uncle Dickie" This is one cove whose name crops up all to readily.

We live history. This reply is part of it like any thoughts you might have. I wonder what might appear in 30 years or so, for our children will almost certainly treat it with the same frivolity that many posters here have done. This is not meant to take the rise from anyone, but just a reminder that the reality that we all have is based on perspective - and those perspectives change with time, fashion and a great many other things too.

Remember what you feel now - the annoyance, the grit, the reality and the truth. It will be spun in all sorts of directions for our children, legitimate or otherwise.

I do hope that someone is keeping track of Pprune as a record - a moving snapshot - of time. When we are all blowing bubbles, what record do we leave?

Right! That is the serious bit done. Now - what about the caption comp? Are you buggers going to do anything about it, or do I?