PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Ire.
Thread: Virgin Ire.
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2001, 21:13
Skye Pilot

Cool

I have decided to participate in this forum not out of boredom, but out of curiosity as to whom is going to pay my salary next month! I'v rather enjoyed this paid holiday,long may it last.

Who out there can remember (is anyone left)the letter of 04 June 1999 addressed to all employees of Vex/ Vei as penned by Sir Richard?

He states

'.... three or five year job guarantees(with room for arbitration on salaries after three years). Virgin Express would confirm the contracts subject to only three provisos.
1. compliance with existing company employment policies, such as satisfactory performance and proper conduct.
2. a promise to have social peace throughout the period of agreement.
3. should we lose either the Neckermann or Sabena contracts, we would need to consider some form of pro-rata reduction. However with reference to our Sabena contract, I'm confident we would be able to re-deploy much of our equipment and people and compete with them on any of their short haul European routes should they withdraw from our partnership.....'

He then goes on to state;
'.....to insist that Virgin Express guarantees all pilots their jobs.....(subject again only to the three points noted above)....'
and continues;
....'should any positions become redundant I'd commit to finding an equivalent position within the Virgin Express operating companies that would guarantee both salary.....'

My questions are:
1.have we complied with the three provisos?
if so
2.Is his guarantee binding? and
3.who is going to pay my salary next month?