PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FA18's over Melbourne right now!
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2006, 22:43
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
I sail out of a yachtclub next to williamstown police station, home of search and rescue, water police and and....

Then there is naval cadet base on the other side of the park. Its filled with big black rigid inflatables and lots of guys in camouflage gear and and...

Then there is Fort Gellibrand which is full of SAS and where I almost dived for cover the other day while watching a Blackhawk coming in at 100 kts to the hover at forty feet, which is quite a sight if you are only 25 metres away, and and.....

Then there was a destroyer anchored of Brighton last night, no less, a place not normally known as an anchorage, with search radar rotating, then there were the dozens of other "government" boats out last night. It would be interesting to speculate whether the destroyer or an F18 would have got you if you tried to leave Moorabbin last night and headed for the MCG.

translation: I won't go into detail for obvious reasons, but you should assume that there is a real threat, the F18's and everything else that moves is armed and ready. No one is taking any chances.