PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ZK-FGA Fouga Firth of Thames accident report
Old 15th Mar 2006, 22:03
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About 20 and yes. It was a tandem version, so I had help!

I'd like to try and understand why you don't seem to accept or believe that
I do accept and believe that "men are men" and if they do dangerous stuff in a safe area, so be it. My point is that this is not a desirable justification, because such men will inevitably end up hurting someone if they don't kill themselves first. Sadly, it is also the sort of ethos that leads to these accidents, because it reinforces the "give it death" mentality that these people seem to thrive on. It seems to come from the organisations concerned, tacitly supported by the CAA.

I don't agree with that, I think that the accident could have happened to you or me if the aircraft had of been placed into the same situation, which could have happened without any grossly incorrect handling.
The difference is that I (and hopefully you) would never place ourselves in that situation, ie where any departure of the aircraft would inevitably lead to death. It isn't wartime, there is absolutely no need for that kind of risk-taking, and it proves nothing (other than the much-mentioned quality of the pilot, or lack thereof).
essentially the same thing happened and he was saved by ejecting.
... an option not open to the Fouga guy... so why take the risk, with no safety net?

Really a little too busy to try and track you down, just PM your real name and what you think those words mean...