PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2006, 19:33
westcorkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil The strenght of feeling must be shown

I have been closley following this issue for a long time. The problem is that there is no element of public outrage which could be read as lost votes.

I KNOW THAT If this happened in Shannon, politicians from Kerry to Donegal would be resigning the party whip. Remember the School of Music and Cork being ignored. Believe me if the matter was not stirred up -all of the Local TDs would have said nothing- THis includes the oposition who never really rock the boat.

What Cork needs is a BIG PUBLIC RALLY - a walk from the City to the Airport - it would be great if thousands showed up with pictures of Local TDs "out out out" etc. How many might show up say on MAy day? I am confident that 96 Fm and the the ECHO would give it a huge push over the next six weeks ...ASK Cork Companies to advertise it to employees. Murphys new BEER MATS .........

Possibility even of the City running a few airport canditates in the general election - there is nothing that threatens a shakey TD like a new popular candidate with a single issue.One North and one South Central -I think that people just might react if this was properly stage managed . Would Eddy Hobbs front a campaign "rip off Cork Airport"? Would he stand for election? Would anyone know how to ask him? IS there someone else with a good public profile who might stand?

Men, You can talk all you like about routes lost etc, all the TDS say is "we got ye the airport first day what more do you want." A show of people power is the only way to move this issue forward.

GET REAL -Get cracking -Get public

Last edited by westcorkman; 15th Mar 2006 at 21:21.