PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM Airport
Thread: DURHAM Airport
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2006, 18:42
Kellycsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MerchantVenturer
easyJet do 3 daily rotations on NCL-BRS (2 on Sats) and the route is the busiest one between two English provincial cities in terms of pax numbers.
They carry around 20,000 to 23,000 pax a month depending on time of year (eg 20,429 in Dec and 22,315 in Aug of last year), giving an average loading in excess of 80%.
I travelled the route yesterday and there were few empty seats in either direction.
Contrast this with Eastern's 631 pax on MME-BRS in December.
Probably not comparing like with like because Eastern have a different business model and their fares tend to be relatively expensive, aimed mainly at the business market.
All figures quoted are CAA stats.
I have used the Eastern service and it was very uncomfortable, it is aimed at Orange employees as the company has 4 of its biggest call centres in Darlington, there were about 10 people on the flights that I took. I used to use the Easyjet flight to NCL but this meant an overnight stay and the Eastern flight times meant I could fly up a 5 minute taxi ride to my destination from the airport and back at Bristol airport by aprox 19:00. As I said the J31 was very noisy and very uncomfortable.