PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ZK-FGA Fouga Firth of Thames accident report
Old 15th Mar 2006, 17:40
Wombat35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does a MiG 21 count?

Well it depends if you have flown it, or flown "in" it.

So how many hours do you have flying a MiG 21 and how much did it involve ACM?

The reason I'm asking is that I really don't care that they were undisciplined/unprofessional as all it does is add to the risk, men are men and if they want to do a high risk exercise then as along as they do it over a safe area (I realise that this is a contentions point however they did crash over water so I'll give them that) then good luck to them.

I'd like to try and understand why you don't seem to accept or believe that and I feel that the report was written by people who also believe that the accident could have been avoided completely, by meeting the CAA criteria.

I don't agree with that, I think that the accident could have happened to you or me if the aircraft had of been placed into the same situation, which could have happened without any grossly incorrect handling.

I believe that, based off a similar accident in OZ that I described before, with a fully qualified pilot, current , "professional" and "disciplined" pilot at the controls were essentially the same thing happened and he was saved by ejecting.

As for questioning my understanding of the those words, if you knew me and I'm not hard to track down, you might reconsider that opinion.