PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whats Humberside like?
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2006, 12:54
Bahn-Jeaux
Intelligent Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in Cleethorpes and the view on the seafront during the summer watching all the scantily clad maidens wafting past is awesome.

Right thats the good bits out of the way.

Used to be cheap place to live but now every little patch of land is being snapped up and 'luxury' apartments are springing up to house around 10 families where once 1 struggled to live.
Mega bucks now with even the cheapest house being more than most can afford unless they are alreadfy on the ladder.
Jobs are scarce, well good jobs anyway unless you get your kicks from standing on a line packing fish fingers into boxes all day for minimum wage.
Council tax is one of the highest in the country with the bottom band now approaching £1,000 a year and god help you if you live in a better house.
The council has been ranked the worst in the country and I can assure you they deserve the reputation although things are improving slightly.
They are now dreadful instead of abysmal.
Traffic is a nightmare with the lights designed to cause maximum disruption and traffic jams (thats what it seems like anyway) and take your life in your hands if you want to use public transport.

The nightlife is good and a good night out can be had on the seafront clubs and pubs although it helps if you are handy in the pugilistic arts.

Anything else you want to know, just ask, I am sure I can shatter any positive thoughts you may have had about the place.