PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA new Club World Product.
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2006, 12:13
slim_slag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bealine
... having travelled in both cabins, I have yet to feel jet-lagged when I get off the aircraft from a Club seat!
Now I hate to be picky (or maybe not), but jet lag is officially classified as a circadian rhythm disorder. So you may not be so tired when you get off because you had some sleep, but if you have crossed many time zones your body clock is still out of whack and I don't think that even BA has the technology to drag your circadian rhythm along with the seat. If it did, it would be worth more than £3000!

Compare what you feel like during the week after flying from UK->South Africa, as opposed to UK->Singapore. When flying North-South, the perceived benefits of club class only last one day. It's the same with flying east-west, you cannot buy yourself out of circadian rhythm pain by paying more for your seat.

Now if it important to be alert on that first day after a long flight, it may well be worth paying the extra for a flat seat, so for a few business travellers it may make sense. For most business travellers you should leave a day early and fly in the back, and get a proper nights sleep in a real bed before going to your meeting. Most business travellers don't get paid enough to make that extra day in the office pay back the extra expense of the flat seat. IMHO of course