PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2006, 10:03
scameron77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I'm now lost YYZ, are you advocating us all not posting anything at all on these boards for fear that they may change their criteria? If so, my only response can be . . . Jesus wept.

Surely the whole point of a forum is to discuss the stuff that before the internet came into being, was unavailable to us.

Granted its a Catch 22 but do we do everything by PM? If so whats to stop the head of training at ABC school creating a fake profile and getting info. I know of one school in particular which does this.

I have no desire to meet felow PPRuNer's in the local park, exchanging briefcases with the alias 'Orange Badger'.

As for making the tests harder, well bring it on. Anyone who goes into any interview for that first job unprepared deserves to find a rejection letter in the post. Armed with a CPL/IR, ATPL writtens done and a few days going over company history, basics, formulas, symbology, terminology and abbreviations beforehand should be more than enough and not beyond the capacity of anyone who has attained these qualifications. The outline provided here should not be used by anyone for anything other than to gauge the approximate level and areas of questioning.

Whats the worst that can happen? They change 'What does MORA mean' to 'what indicates perfect glideslope on a 3 colour VASI?' If any of us were to get that wrong after getting a sniff at a jet job then there can be no excuses.

Now for fear of drifting off topic, anyone got any news on the BA hook up with repsect to ATP peeps? I would imagine that BA would possibly want (what they may percieve as) some continuity in recruit training.