PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2006, 07:14
plan_B_workz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi all,

first time here. I have just recently found this useful forum and kinda regret not knowing about it when i 1st applied for the position 4 years ago. Could have been really useful.

I am thinking of reapplying cos after 4 years my desire to fly is still strong. I was rejected after the 2nd interview and decided to pursue a stable engineering career (had to put food on the table). I am thinking about reapplying next year when my bond with current company is up.

I just need to get some info on SIA's stance on older candidates. Im gonna be 30 when i apply and already with a baby. After browsing these pages, i found that most guys are just out of Uni or pretty much not in their 30's yet. Maybe i have some inferior complex or something to younger guys, but that aside, it would be useful if some current cadets can enlighten me on the maximum age for applicants and wether middle aged fathers like me are deemed fit for the position. I have read in these forum that some pilots went through the 2nd interview a couple of times so that is not a big issue.

Well, heres wishing the best of luck to all for the interviews! I could still recall i had a blast during my 1st interview. It was quite entertaining actually. I even managed to throw in a few jokes here and there to the captain's amusement. (the other guy was quite serious). Was called up for the 2nd interview a couple of days later. Everything went okay but I screwed up during the final interview cos i was really, really tired. So the only reasonable advice i can offer is to have alot of rest the night b4.

Once again, all the best for the interviews!

Cheers.