PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 65 - New ICAO provision... MERGED THREADS
Old 14th Mar 2006, 20:23
flufdriver

Whatever happens,.. happens!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well fellow aviators and others, here is how it looks to me,

I work for an airline that does not provide a pension, but since I knew that from the day I got hired I have made provisions. Like everyone else, I've suffered my setbacks and enjoyed some good breaks with my investments.

Further, I have taken care of myself healthwise, now I find myself approaching 60 in good health, my parents still living and in their mid 80s, there is a good chance that I'm going to live to a 100 and perhaps more. So far so good, I guess I need about 2 million $ to produce a return of 5% per annum to live in my present style, again managable.

Now my health insurance is tied to my job, the moment I stop working full time my insurance is gone! Unless the young ones that come up behind me are willing to pay the premiums that allow me and my dependants to continue to be covered at an affordable cost to us, then I need to work a bit longer to compensate for the astronomical rise in the cost of health care.

The other thing is that for the past 40 years I have worked just about continously, if I stopped now suddenly, it would probably kill me, of course the good part is that I wouldn't need the extra money then, but suppose it only incapacitates me, then I would really be in deep dodo.

For there is no worse crime then to be helpless and broke.

So. if I can, I will work just a little longer thank you!
Fluf