PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 14th Mar 2006, 20:05
Bruno Silva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wannabe a pilot! (merged)

Hi everyone,
to be honest I donīt really know how to start this thread, I just know I feel down cause Iīm starting to realize that the industry Iīve always wanted to join ( as a Pilot) isnīt as reachable as I thought.
I want to be a pilot since I can remember, I donīt really know why cause I donīt have anyone in the family who has been in the flying industry or something like that, I just know that since I was a kid I made my father take me to the nearest airport (which is quite far) to watch those big birds...
Unfortunely I wasnīt born in a rich family so although everyone knew what little Bruno wanted for his life, no one really toke it serious, so itīs been me alone all this years dreaming and researching on how to become a Commercial Pilot. I managed to start working and studying to save money to get my licenses although I wasnīt aware of how much money it would take

Anyway I managed to save something like 12 000 euros, so this year, I got in university and decided to start my PPL aswell... And this is exactly the problem, now that Iīve started I realized how hard it is to get anywhere in this industry, specially when you are not rich and donīt know "influent" people in it ( which is me)
I never thought I would stop loving aviation but to be honest Iīm starting to regreat having started my PPL cause itīs going to take almost all my savings and itīs almost a guarantee I wonīt be flying any Airbus or Boeing for a living...
I see now that I was a bit foolish to start something I couldnīt finish...

So, if anyone has experienced similar difficulties and managed to get somewhere, I would love to hear about it. Cause right now I just think it was a terrible mistake to start the PPL and spend all my money in vain...
Thank you all and good luck to whatever you do!