PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Milosevic Dead
Thread: Milosevic Dead
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2006, 15:43
dantura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pureteenlard
Of course this is not a good thing. Justice was not done and it leaves the way open for Serbian Nationalist conspiracy theorists to have a field day. Regrettably I think we have just seen the birth of a new Serbian nationalist martyr.
Without wishing to defend the man or any alleged wrongdoings by him or his like, that was the job of Stephen Kay QC, but the term 'Serbian Nationalists' is a quite bizarre turn of phrase, and I think has been used far too often as a detrimental term. Surely every member, and especially the leaders, of any state is a nationalist, and I think rightly so! If TB wasn't a UK nationalist, would there not be an uproar? Are we not nationalist when the rugby is on? (well, some times!), or when we are at war, or arguing with johnny F.

Another point...

Has anyone in the last 10 years ever heard about the Serb mass graves? All we seem to hear about is the wrong doings of 1 side, not the other 2.
I am not defending anyone in particular here, but there were many atrocities by more than just 1 nation. As mentioned before...Innocent until proven guilty, it seems he had already been judged and sentenced.

D