PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilotrecruitment in Asia?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2006, 15:12
cochise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patrick you're a nut! You have a multitude of great airlines in Europe to work for.
Once you get some experience and time on type you can always apply to CX or SIA. The long and short is that you will not get a job there unless you have a type rating and preferably some wide body time.
When I started my career as a flight instructor I worked for Aeronautx USA. I'm sure you are familiar with the Austrian Flight School. I worked for them in the States as a senior flight Instructor and company check airman. We trained self sponsored Austrian and German student pilots as well as "selected" Tyrolean student pilots. Some of my students that were selected by Tyrolean now fly the Fokker 100, Dash-8 400Q and the CRJ. All great airplanes and with a good company.
I grew up in Singapore and my father was a 747 Captain SQ before I was born, until the day he retired. I watched him work for SIA and I thought "great, that's what I want to do". I wanted to fly a heavy for a major airline. I only realised once I got into the career that I was watching my father long after his career began. I did not get to see him start as a bush pilot in South America. What I realised is that it is a long road and sometimes it takes many baby steps to get there to the big boeing or Airbus. It would be nice to land a job flying a heavy Jet first time off but it's not realistic.
There are quite a few airlines in Europe doing selections including Tyrolean. Ask around and find out about them.
Good Luck