PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NCA Application - I hope...
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2006, 15:11
Big Cheese1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fellas,

Sorry for hijacking this thread though I didn't think my question merited another OASC thread. I posted this on another thread though no takers as of yet:

I'm in the process of returning to OASC myself, though I don't have any dates for P2 brief, filter interview etc as of yet.

My main concern is that whilst I was at the OASC I was a member of the TA for a short spell (March - August 04). On my debrief it mentioned that I should maintain my involvement with this however some family issues arised and I couldn't give adequate time. I should also point out that I was (and still am) doing club sports amongst some volunteer work, though the difference being that I could choose when I could devote time, unlike the TA where it's essential you attend the training weekends.

Thankfully my family issue has been resolved and things are on the mend so I think I should go back to the TA as it was a recommendation, and not to mention the obvious team skills etc that I can gain from it. My main concern is how I think OASC would perceive this. I have a fear that they may look at me as some jack b*stard who doesn't want a RAF commission. I've also spoken to a couple of TA bods with mixed views about using it as a springboard into the regs - especially in today's climate where the TA cannot afford time wasters.

Believe me, there really is nothing else I want to go for more than this! All other points to improve on eg. take an active interest in outdoor pursuits, tackling problems in a practical rather than theoretical sense, I've tried to adhere to. I try whenever possible to get myself and some buddies to N.Wales (Tryfan, snowdon etc) and am also a keen climber - I've just progressed to multi-pitch climbing!

Any help would be great. Cheers all!