PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do North Sea pilots do?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2006, 10:38
Pandalet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do North Sea pilots do?

As a just-starting-out trainee pilot, I'm trying to get some sort of feel for where in industry I'd like to work. This is more about what I want, rather than what I'm likely to end up with - I need something to aim for.

I don't know terribly much about North Sea / offshore work, but the little I've heard seems appealing (to me, anyway). Therefore, I'd like to know more about exactly what working on the North Sea involves, what people enjoy / hate about it, etc. Feel free to PM or email me if you'd rather not post publicly.

I'm more interested in exactly what you do than what you're paid, although pay info would be interesting too (there already seem to be a fair few threads on money ).

Once I have slightly more flying ability (i.e. enough not to spend most of my time staring at stuff going 'woooow!'), I'm planning to get hold of Bristows et al to try to arrange a visit and see stuff first-hand, assuming off-shore is still the way I want to go. I know getting into the off-shore market depends heavily on the state of the industry at the time, but, as I said, this is really trying to get a feel for where I should be aiming.

Answers on a super-sized postcard...

Last edited by Pandalet; 14th Mar 2006 at 10:56. Reason: change to better title