PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 14th Mar 2006, 04:02
skit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Buddy

Had a read of your post and really felt for u! Anyway, I've been with EK for 3 1/2 years now and when I had my interview all that time ago I had similar problems as u have! I waited close to 4 months to hear back from them while 5 of the girls which I had the interview with had a phonecall within a week! But basically what i'm saying is never count yourself out unless u receive a rejection letter. EK have some wierd & wonderful processes - (even for us as their employees), so just consider yourself still under considerations, make a couple of calls every now and then to check on your progress and hang in there!

Good Luck

Skit

Originally Posted by The Flying Muppet
Hello everybody

Still haven't heard from EK, but I'm really beginning to feel quite negative about the whole process .
2 people of the group of 4 have received a phonecall from EK this saturday, demanding for written references.
During the assessment days we were told that we would hear the results of our final interview first, and then, depending on the result, you had to send in 2 reference letters. Now all of a sudden these 2 people had to send them in immediately, even though they are still working for their current employers, and don't know if they are succesful with EK.

First of all, what's the rush? On saturday and sunday all the offices are closed in Europe, so it's really quite impossible. and second; Why do they ask you to send in a reference from your current employer while you are still working there, which is really threathening for your secured position?
Whithout even knowing if EK really wants you.
Has this happened to anyone before?
And does it say something, if they call the others, but not you?
Because of this, I really feel like crap, and very insecure as well.
On top of that, I'm still very nervous, but now in a more negative way than ever before....

Anyone here that has experienced the trouble with the references before?
And please be honest if you think that the 'missing' phonecall really means that I'm out!

Ciao!