PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Discussions
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2006, 02:37
mrpaxing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down no guts

guardian1 misses a myrid of points when it comes to fatigue management. europa, the americas, and most asian nations have flight duty limitation for cabin crew regulated by their respective civil aviation bodies. this is to protect the well being fo cabin crew from unrealistic tours of duties.
as far as ex union officials have told me the current faaa stooges have no relationship with casa, nor have the continued to work with casa on issues related to cabin crew issues with casa. this also includes fatigue management. to wait for reports to come in from those horrendues trips, syd,adl,drw,sin return (as been mentioned on many occassions in this forum), the three s's can wait for a long time. crew have realised they cant rely on the current faaa crop to do anthing . my first advise is to actually go out and talk to crews who do these sectors. that would mean to do what you actually have been elected for .good forbid, i am too busy picking a trip from open time, more important. my second advise is you dont need any reports on those issues you just have to have a look at the sectors and if you really put it in the fatigue modelling computer program it would tell you those trips are unsuitable . finally when does the oh committee get of its a***e and do something about it. it states in the oh act that fatigue is a recognised workplace hazard . wake up guys and do what you have been elected for, yeap wouldn't that be a nice change