PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2006, 22:30
carlvinson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh the Luck of You All

All you guys who made it in are so lucky. I graduated in Dec 2004 with a BSE in Aerospace Engineering and applied just before graduation, and didn't hear anything since. I'm 25 now, 26 at the end of the year. I eventually took up a job in the US and will be posted back to Singapore soon, but I am itching to try it again. In the time I have been in the US, I took flying lessons and will be going for my PPL check ride real soon. Damn, flying is really addictive. Do you guys realise how lucky you are to fly and NOT have to pay for it. I completed a XC flight last weekend and I could not believe 2 hrs flew (pun intended) just like that. Don't complain about the low allowances during the training phase, because people like me would me rejoicing and thanking the heavens. I'd like to do an IR after my PPL, but it's serious money. After my PPL is done, I'd have spent US$8000 on everything, but then, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. If you love to fly and you get to be in the cadet program, it's a mathc made in heaven. I'm applying again the minute I get my PPL, then maybe I won't have to pay for my IR after all And yes, I work as an engineer and it sucks.