PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Discussions
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2006, 20:53
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAAA and it's ministry of information press releases

The so called fatigue study was as Hawke Eye called it a “farce”

There was no study done,no crew members tested,no real scientific study carried out at all but the FAAA endorsed it because it fitted in with their plan to give dispensation away.

Undoubtedly ,the faaa officials here will respond with a post telling us that the fatigue expert is exactly that and his findings should be heeded.

Whenever you meet a rep of the faaa ask them

1:How many crew were involved in the test ?

2:How many trips were these tests carried out on ?

3:What were the parameters of the study.in other words what functions were measured..Time away from base,amount of sleep prior to leaving home,sleep achieved before the shuttle in LA,rest time during shuttle etc…because the tech crew study did all of these and more and it is still being evaluated unlike the faaa study which sounds like it was carried out with a pattern book and a pen and paper.

The quick answer to all of the above is NONE

You were even supposed to be telepathic to know the study was carried out and the report was for reading in the office...

Now I am told the S/H faaa carried out it’s own fatigue study of the SIN/DRW/ADL/SYD sector and claimed they could not do it because it was too tiring,which I admit I believe it is but instead of changing it they gave it to L/H.

Is the fatigue expert the same person and has the L/H faaa done anything about us being lumped with it ?.......at least the S/H faaa seems to look after it’s members..and our boys say they field calls each week from S/H crew wanting to join L/H faaa.

The L/H faaa and it’s newsletters sound just like the Iraqi ministry of information and it’s farcical press conferences.

As with the fatigue study the dispensation is also a farce…has the company given back the 6 positions to Australian crew ?

Has the faaa even asked if the 6 positions be given back now that the company received it’s dispensation ?

Now we have the crew rest debacle and the latest rort with a senior official working the day after a LHR trip and not representing the faaa at a meeting organised by the ACTU..

All we receive from the faaa in response is abuse and hollow rhetoric..what hope do we have in the next EBA ?

As with Hawke Eye ,I am neither a previous faaa official nor a friend of one ,I am a crew member who is concerned with the direction the faaa is taking us.