PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - E3D ZH101 Altimeter in Inches
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2006, 17:51
Ginseng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confucius

Whoa! Is that "old man" in an ever-so-polite Upper-Middle-Class British kind of way, or "old man" in a derogatory way?

Seriously for a moment, what was really the point of your first post? The person who started this thread asked a simple question about why an E3D crew had asked for the altimeter setting in inches of mercury, to which there was a simple answer. You, however, seemed to see it as a heaven sent opportunity to sling mud (unjustifiably, I would presume) at a fleet which, for some reason best known to yourself, you obviously hold in low esteem. You quite unnecessarily signed off with a derogatory comment, which, when handed back to you, you clearly didn't like. Has there been a spate of E3 crews throwing themselves into the ground with the wrong QFE/QNH set, that I haven't heard about? No, I thought not.

Among the benefits of a forum like this is the opportunity to say what you really think; without fear or favour, without the need to be deferrent to rank, without fear of falling out with people you know and respect. I believe that benefits us all. It is rather like having an anonymous version of the good old crewroom discussion, except that you can reach far more people here than you will find in the average crewroom these days. Old fogies like me can blether on without subjecting sharp young blades like yourself to the smell of wee, which is much more pleasant for you and much less embarrassing for us.

For that privilege, I think it best not to hand out insults if you can't take them back. Moreover, I don't think insulting our transatlantic guests here is fair game. It quite spoils the aura of the British stiff upper lip, don't y'know!

Oh, and I'm not quite ready to retire just yet thanks.

Now, shall we call it an honourable draw?

Regards

Ginseng