PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Ire.
Thread: Virgin Ire.
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2001, 07:52
Ellion

I'm just back off a long duty so sue me if this goes a stray.

To gyrohead and pininstauld thanks for the info, I managed to get an Irish Times from my friends in Lingus and had a look at the article in the Indo off their web site.

It would appear that Captain McHugh was the only one willing to stand by what the rest of us were thinking. Once the DFO, (you know the one, the one from the desert,TC) got involved compliance no longer became the issue, but rather how do we get 'around this'.
I for one am glad, that as a newbie, I was trained under the likes of 'Nick' and the others who instilled in us not only how to 'Pole the Aircraft Baby' but also to keep it legal and never, ever, ever, fold to commercial pressures imposed on you, particularly from management types whom do not know what they speak.
To Nick and the other trainers cheers for keeping it real for us.
To operate in an environment where the people you are directly responsible too, are competent and respected would be a novel idea.
IF this outfit survives, and I hope it does, a serious upheavel need take place in the area of flight operations management, if no changes are made I would expect advertisements for flight crew offering similar or better incentives than those of Easyjet to entice crew for the outfit as the majority here will walk, I for one am going.
To all of you thinking of staying, all the best, it was a pleasure to make your aquintance and an even greater pleasure to fly with you.

Seyonara!