PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2006, 15:51
MyData
Fixed+Rotary (aircraft, not washing lines)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmibabyfc

FYI - I book travel myself, I do this online, I do this for BMI, BA, Easy, Lufthansa, Air France. In all cases, except one, I know what I'm getting 99% of the time. As my post stated: BA is BA is BA. You know what you are going to get. Oh, and by the way, I work, and have worked previously, for very large (50,000+ employees) global companies. We don't have the luxury of secretaries these days - I do the booking in my personal time.

I do not have the time nor the inclination to read the small print or click on 'further info' links. What about the earlier poster who said that he printed his boarding card only to find that it wasn't valid at Dublin? These are the kind of stories that do the rounds so there isn't any point reading the small print when I've got a massive list of other more important work related documents to read.

And to quote my final line "And in simple terms that makes my life easier". That is THE POINT - I don't want to have to mess around and waste time. I want what is easiest for me - not you or the airline. Cost becomes a secondary issue. Time and lack of stress are the most important factors.

Shuttlebus and Land After - thank you for your well worded reposts.

Oh, and I forgot to say. I'm typing this from Toulouse. I flew MAN->TLS this morning. Last night I attempted to check in on-line ready for this morning's flight just in case I was delayed getting to the airport due to the snow. Ticket located on the BMI web site. Proceed to on-line check-in. Doh! The ticket I have doesn't allow on-line check-in... Why? I don't know, perhaps it is written in the small print. But surely it is BETTER for all concerned to allow me to check in on-line??? Go figure!!! So I checked in in person today, and I had to ask for lounge access at MAN: the check in chap then had to get clarification as to whether I could have access or not - and I did get it based on my FF card, but I shouldn't have to ask (especially as my card details were already with the booking).

And remember - this is from a loyal customer who really wants to stay with BMI, and absolutely 100% do not want to see them go under.