PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2006, 13:15
Xsr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red bull?

Originally Posted by Paulde40

The next test is the pilapt behind the computer. You can not practice this. Just make sure you are well rested. Maybe take a red bull before entering so you're mind is quick and clear. You need to do a couple of eye hand coordination tests and some multi-tasking assignments. Maybe you can find something about pilapt on the internet.

There are no group discussions in phase 2. The day starts with a presentation of CTC. Then lunch and thereafter the tests.

Cheers
No group discussion? That's interesting. Every stage 2 day I've read about and my own stage 2 all included a group discussion. No actual group exercises, they're on at stage 3 but there should definitely be a group discussion about some random current affairs topics and other stuff. Maybe they've updated the process very recently, can anyone enlighten me?

Also, I think the comment about red-bull is what's known as 'bad advice'. Red Bull may help you feel more 'awake' but it will not increase any of the attributes that the pilapt tests are examining. Also, a large dose of caffeine combined with sugar is definitely not a good way of helping your body perform to its highest potential. Not to mention the inevitable crash that follows a caffeine/sugar high could seriously decrease your hand-eye coordination and concentration and leave asleep at the joystick so-to-speak. A quick google search will give you a lot of information about how bad for the body Red Bull really is.

And besides, even if there was a drink (Red Bull or otherwise) that increases your awareness, concentration etc. without having any negative effects, I think drinking it would constitute 'performance enhancing'. If you can't pass the pilapt tests without an 'energy boost', then you shouldn't be given a place on the scheme.

This is only an opinion after all, feel free to flame.

Xsr8.