PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eyesight discrimination?
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2006, 17:13
Eddie_Crane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Strepsils
Cesco - I have no idea what the CAA's criteria are in this case, although often in these types of scenarios you find that if you phone another day and get a different person the problem goes away!
Something similar happened to me too! However in the end they put me through to Adrian Chorley, so I managed to have a chat with him about this deviation thing. I know about the criteria now, but I am still not sure what sort of Medical they eventually issue
Originally Posted by Strepsils
If you can, it might be worth contacting Oxford or Cabair to try and talk to students who started training in this situation, they may be able to explain how/why they were able to qualify.
I did ask OAT and they have had students who started in that situation. I was told these chaps started with a Class 1 Medical which had "a note attached", saying "the student will obtain a full Class 1 upon renewal".
However I am planning to also try n have a chat with FTE and CCAT.. possibily at the next Prof Flight Training Show if I manage to get a minute at their respective "stalls".

Last edited by Eddie_Crane; 12th Mar 2006 at 17:31.