PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spotters and airport security issues - Combined thread.
Old 12th Mar 2006, 15:08
Gulf4uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LAAS SCHEME

HI

The full details are on the Spotters website link below although when this was brought out it appeared to be more for Heathrow spotters sorry but that is the impression i got . most Police forces had not heard of it and today was the first time i have heard it mentioned in a long time

http://www.laasdata.com/taess.html

The one concern i had and still do was the phone number quoted to speak to a police officer my feelings are if you see somone acting suspicious at an Airport you must dial 999 any delay could be real Dodgy ok many calls could be nothing but why take a chance 999 is the only number to call.
Its now a fact of life at Airports , bus and rail Stations Spotters are going to get stopped but in some cases its the Same officers stopping the same people every day it get tedious but nothing we can do no card scheme will stop this happening just be polite and Show ID a UK driving licience i find is best if you have one or your Passport if overseas
Tony
farnborough