PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2006, 00:45
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian, well done.

I have little doubt there will be no response WHATSOEVER from those contributors to this thread, who are determined in their view, that the crew FLUNG themselves in weather unsuitable for VFR, at the land mass!

As you have pointed out, 'best evidence' does not support their 'OPINION'

We do not need to rehearse the relevance of 'opinion' when assessing an issue on the required standard of 'absolutely no doubt WHATSOEVER', nor indeed on the very much lower standard of proof of 'balance of probability' as used by Sheriff Sir Steven Young in the FAI of 1995, which effectively (and in my OPINION, correctly) decided that it was not possible, on the evidence available, to criticise - never mind blame! - the pilots.

I well remember the day of Mr Holbrook's evidence at that inquiry, and the impact his evidence had on those representing the MOD.

I WAS THERE!!!!

Forgive me, if I MUCH prefer the verdict of an INDEPENDENT inquiry at which ALL PARTIES are represented, to a management 'stitch up' by an organisation with a vested interest in the outcome, in which those most heavily criticised received 'NO REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER!'

Do we REALLY need to produce the long list of other INDEPENDENT inquiries which have resulted in the SAME verdict as the FAI????

This injustice MUST NOT STAND!