PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 747-400 at Luton?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2006, 16:51
voyager65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eddy
Yes. Your brother should get a grip.
Sorry to sound harsh, but this could have happened to any airline at any time and anywhere. British Airways would have been informed that Luton was a suitable diversion point (by ground support teams from Servisair) and so the decision to divert there was taken. What happened after that can't really be blamed on British Airways.
From what I can tell, the company have handled this situation well. I understand that passengers have been kept up to date, accommodation was provided last night and BA did everything they possibly could to get the flight away. It's poor support on the ground that lead to the continued delay of this flight.
Again, the decision to divert isn't taken lightly and it isn't solely the Captain's decision as to where the aircraft lands. BA have a large team of staff working 24h who deal with these problems and contact would have been made with LTN before the decision to land there was taken.
Hello Eddy,

this was not the first time he has had problems with BA. Being couped up in an aeroplane for 3 hours is no fun. The supposed updates on board were also just a joke!
As an after-thought, do I detect a BA-employee here....?