PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ndb approach map and mda
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2006, 16:42
winggeek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ndb approach map and mda

hi all have a question for ya's,

lets say your flying along ifr from dublin to shannon and in your cruise you get an engine failure so you decide to land at a suitable airoprt, after checking the atis but it is at mins and for arguments sake this airport has no ils and only a ndb approach. so you get safley into the approach do you

a) fly the approach hit mins then fly level at mda in the hope you get better ground visual reference between your level off and the miss approach point, and lets say somewhere along that segment you do get a better ground visual and decide either to go straight in or do a circle to land.

or

b) fly the approach you hit mins and start missed approach staright away,

now lets say you have two perfectly good engines and your doing a iaa me ir flight test and your doing a ndb approach and you hit mins wat would you do in this case a or b? and wat would be the case if your doing a one engine out ndb approach for you ir me?

yet another question

if the descent part of the approach starts at 8 dme but is only a shallow descent from 2000ft to 1200ft at 3 dme, would you

a) do a shallow descent from 8 dme to 3 dme followed by a 500fpm descent

or

b) wait until 5.5 dme and keep a constant 500fpm descent

cheers lads

i know there is a lot of ifs and buts that can be said for this example and there is queit a few question to be answered, but thanks to all who answer,

AND NO ONE IS SUGGESTING DIVING IN!!

wingeek

Last edited by winggeek; 11th Mar 2006 at 18:29.