PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 11th Mar 2006, 07:43
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just want to say thanks for the messages of support both private and public. Sadly, there is no new “K” Model on the cards - that was an honest mistake by Mike Hancock...Unlike other MPs who are seeemingly happy to accept Government platitudes on the subject, Mike is very concerned about safety issues facing British military personnel and fortunately he is on the Defence Committee. I have put him straight on question 28/29! Pressure is building on the MoD. When Adam Ingram was challenged about the cancellation of the “J” DAS programme at the Defence Committee public hearing this week, he tried to duck the issue. In an unusual move the Chairman asked for a more considered answer and as a result the Committee was forced into private session. Now Mr Ingram and Mr Reid have got to answer some very awkward questions. Expect further developments on Hercules Foam/DAS/Ballistic Matting issues. I will post any answers on this forum just as soon as I get them. I am aware of the sensitivity of this issue but pressure has got to be maintained if the money is going to get to the front line and RAF AT crews are to get the protection they deserve. I think it is fair to say that as a result of the media interest generated so far there is no way that the slick Hercules fiasco of 31/2 years ago is going to be repeated this time round. The Chiefs of Staff will simply not get away with it.