PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK jobs market and where and how to find that first job?
Old 10th Mar 2006, 22:49
Batfink58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,
I'm really starting to get doubts. It's taken me a few years of hard thinking and rationalisation to convince myself that I should take the plunge and start the training. As much as I would love to fly for a living, I am really starting to wonder now, every where I look I hear the same sad tale....no jobs, years of searching, tried everything, broke and on the verge of bankruptcy, paying for TR's, still no job, no hope, surplus of pilots..... etc etc etc

Should I just forget dreaming and stick to what I know, wife, house, reasonable job, average money, comfortable etc.
I'm starting to panic, really don't know what to do, should I risk my families comfortable life for the sake of fulfilling a dream which could ruin me if it does not come off, for me its such a big gamble. I just don't know what to do....
It so sad that this wonderful industry has turned in to what it has. So So sad.

Sorry, I know I haven't really contributed, I just needed to express what I am feeling right now.