PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2006, 20:19
pulse1

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
John,

I see that we have been here before. However, just for the record,
d246 said:
There are no circumstances that 'force' people to fly flat out into mist or mountains. Whatever may have happened they put themselves in a position from which they were going to hit the mountian regardless, you cannot fly into those conditions at that speed, full stop.
You said that you "concur" with d246.

In August 2004 you said:
Meanwhile, no-one has explained why a serviceable aircraft (at waypoint change) should have continued at high speed and low level towards hills that were, according to the lighthouse keeper, covered in cloud.
Having said all that I do not understand why you say I was insistent on exact speed. I didn't mention speed in my original remark which was:

Many times, john purdey et al have been asked to explain how they know, beyond any doubt, what the exact conditions were at waypoint change, as seen from the cockpit by three very experienced aircrew. So far, they have refused to answer that question. Perhaps d246 will do so now.
Obviously speed is related to the actual conditions and, in my view, until that question can be answered, there must be doubt.

Incidentally, information which has come into the public domain since then, referring also to dervish's post, might challenge your claim that the aircraft was serviceable.