PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free Masons - Should they "come out"?
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2006, 18:42
Testingtheseatlimit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If indeed they do look after each other it would only be the same as you looking after a really good mate from your mess.

Just about lets the cat out of the bag. I understand the Scottish Masons are more open and they obviously don't seem to suffer as a result. If a list of RAF Masons could be released then at least there would not need to be anymore doubt. I'm really not trying to suggest that Masons are anything other than good men, but the thought that they could be a secret society that has members scratching each others backs/feathering each others nests/getting each other promoted pre-occupies me. I'm sure mates networks work too, but how far do they really stretch.... to the Board? I dont think so. However, could it be that a Mason sees another Masons OJAR, grades above all the other non-masons, and hey presto mason mate progresses. I do not really believe this happens (at least I hope it does not), but, a simple list and awareness of who the Masons amongst us are would surely dispell this once and for all. I'm not alone in this thought by the way. Many chaps I speak to, in many different walks of life, have a similar thought process. There is no room for secret societies in this country anymore! Are we not all meant to be part of one team?