PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways, Their Website & the Idiot Who Wanted to Buy a Flight
Old 10th Mar 2006, 15:37
Dushan

Along the same lines....
Tried to see schedules on BA Toronto London Dubrovnik. The site says DBV not a valid city. I figured OK try another airline. Went to Thomas Cook and it won't let me look up STARTING outside of UK, but when I asked for LGW - DBV, guess what it came up with. A BA direct flight LGW - DBV. I guess because YYZ - DBV would be YYX-LHR then LGW - DBV they consider that non viable. Fools....
This is what happens when inexperienced geeks are allowed to create software. They like to do the sexy, "because it can be done" stuff instead of doing what people want. The computer should not make the decisions for you it should only present you with the information you need to make the decision. It could make some suggestions and use your answers to "learn" for future cases, but it should never attempt to be smarter than the human. Try to explain this to the Twinkie/Pepsi laden kids that are allowed to "rule" the software industry.
+++ End Rant +++

Disclosure: I work in the IT industry and deal with this problem every day.