PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DFW Arrivals fao Scott
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2006, 10:09
rubberjungle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Scott,
So the Jonez does not guarentee the 18's, It was implied to me that it did by an AA captain, they brief next to us at LGW and leave for DFW 15 mins after us--maybe he was trying to get in ahead of us by feeding us duff info
new terminal is great, immigration gets busy as we arrive with LH and the AA from LGW.
I do find DFW to be one of the more pleasant ATC enviroments in the USA probably due to the space.
You ought to hear some of your country folk on the radio into LHR/LGW in the morning rush, quite a lot of missed calls or say agains, if it was us into JFK or ORD I think they would dump us out the pattern untill we could get it right.
They often forget that when we arrive at say ORD at 7-8pm local it is 1-2am to us.
We also have very strict stabilised approach criteria which requires a go around at 1000' if not met, this is monitored via quick access flight data recorders so no cutting corners, as a result 180 to the marker is usually impossible unless with a strong headwind.
Thanks for the invite, I never have a schedule more than 4-5 weeks ahead of time though and sometimes less.
I will PM you next time I know I am coming.
Cheers RJ.