PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue trivialisation of cabin safety announcements
Old 10th Mar 2006, 05:46
neville_nobody

Received 151 Likes on 66 Posts
I have also experienced unprofessional Safety Announcements on National Jet. Whilst I have only flown with them 4 times, on 3 of them the safety annoucements have been a joke. In one instance the Cabin Manager (who looked about 19!) was trying to crack jokes through the whole routine and making jokes about the other FA's. The whole routine look like a circus. Had the pleasure of flying with him twice and both safety announcements would have been unacceptable if you were being audited by CASA. The other time was an all girl crew who were trying to make the Cabin director laugh during the safety announcement and were fairly successfull at it too.
All in all fairly unprofessional. Always wondered how these people would go if they had to really evac the aircraft and put the jackets on etc.

Only flown with Virgin twice and both times the PA's were professionally done. Also caught up with all the cabin crew goss as I was in the last row and heard everything that was said during the cruise while they were all sitting around during nothing