PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK or not EK this is the problem... and you are not helping!!
Old 10th Mar 2006, 03:44
dubaislave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Furb,

I do not know what a rustic guy is but I will take your word for it.... On the issue of joining Ek good luck to you.....

I have been here some time now, and I can tell you that things are not what they seem to be from the out side. Think back to when you joined your present employer and how happy you were. I am sure people then told you the bad points, but you would not listen because you were new and naive.... Now you leave them because you have had enough....

Think about the guy who is going to replace you, does he believe that the place your are leaving is bad? If he did he would not be joing your outfit....

We tend to see what we want to see. We tend to ignore the issues and views that do not fall in to our pre-conceived reality.

People in EK do not leave for various reasons, although that does not mean that they like staying here either.

Would your employer take you back once you have left? Would you be able to go back in to seniority or to your old position with the salary you had? Would you be able to find another job in your contry and in the region you want to live easily, or would you have to commute? Would you be able to easily justify the cost of moving your family out of DXB? pay all the loans on cars etc, and then afford the loans on new cars houses etc. Would you be able to afford the houses if you have left the property lader and they have sky rocketed since?

It is easier to complain than leaving because it does not cost as much, and it does not require as much effort, but that does not mean that people do not leave or that they complain just to complain....

We have had around 70 resignations in the last two years, so many actualy that our managers have taken away the feature from the crew portal and we can no longer see who is leaving. This is a typical example of fixing things in DXB and in EK. Hide the truth-problem solved....

EK is not an achievement, although you may feel it is because recruitment makes you believe that. It is part of the catch to get you to join, you feel special, you feel you have achieved something, therefore you must join....

It is just a job like any other, and once you have done it just like you have in your present employer you realise that it should be a two way relationship. Give expertise, and get money and quality of life.

At present we tend to be giving and not receiving. You might say that it is the same where you are, but I would say that it is not... you are home and have the comfort of your friends and family. This is not our country, we are here until we move on either back home, or to greener pastures...

Take a vacation if you need a brake, but do not come here believing that things will be better. It is a different outfit, with similar problems to yours. It used to be great, it has been much more fun than recently, and the money used to go a long way. Now it is not worth coming here in my view.... I would never join EK again if I knew then what I know now, but then it was a different company.....

"Come and Discover until you also find the best...."