PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The mind boggles!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2006, 02:20
robair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The mind boggles!!!!!!!

I always thought that good poeple get to the airlines but is that a myth?
Hows this one? no names will be mentioned for obvious reasons.
I once had a worked with this person.
Took him 4 goes to get his instrument rating. eventually the examiner gave to him say you'll get eventually.
One day he turned up to work on a sunday morning more than a little hung over from saturday night. when Questioned by the senior instructor he said yes Im fine to fly. Famous last words. I gave him a charter job to which i had been asked personaly to do but as I was busy with students and he was the junior guy I handed the job to him. He goes flying with a student and finds out , No he wasn't fit to fly as he was throwing up all over his student.

Next thing he does. In another moment of testosterone encouraged stupidity and with the senior instructor at this flying school, he participates in the sexual assult of a 17 year old girl.

Next act of stupidity. He nearly has a mid air collision with a beech baron in the trianing area while the student was doing some basic I.F. Obviosly not looking out properly, can hapen to anyone. learn something from it.
What this one did, spoted the offending aircraft on the ground when he landed with the crew still there. Runs over starts arcing up with the other pilot and takes a swing at him. Then discovers that this person was th Chief inspector of the local Police station. Some how gets away with all three incidents.

He was subsquently get moved out to a regional town to aviod any more contraversy (one hopes)

Next thing, While checking out a new company pilot in a cessne 310 he decides in a moment of devine inspiration (or stupidity)to turn of not one but both of the fuel taps while on approach to land. What hapens next? engines stop 2 miles short of the runway, next thing written of aircraft. What sort of idiot would turn of both fuel tap on approach? if you are going to do something like that get a bit of altitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's he doing now????

got into an airline and is flying 737's

I know everyone scews up sometimes but this is something else.
There is hope for me yet.