PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Strike at KLM?
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2006, 22:15
KLMer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Totally agree with Fireloop and Ennie the way KLM have treated the ex KLMuk guys has been very bad indeed, one should never wish that on anyother worker in our industry. Lets hope it can all be worked out as striking is not a good option for anyone to get into in the longrun as it does everyone damage.

Pointer & 36050100, I think your slightly miss guided, you are correct in saying that no-one wanted to take the position of FK50 command, this was due to the fact that a FK70/100 co-pilot would be earning the same money as a FK50 captain (on dutch contract), this has now been re-negotiated... secondly those positions could have been filled by a British pilot but only if he was willing to sign the KLM contract if he/she did not want to go through the direct entry interview process but you forget you would be applying for a Dutch contracted job anyhow (pro's and cons im not going to go into this one). The direct entry requirements did not require you to come from an approved school so it is an open market. Yes your right you would have to adopt the right hand seat again for a new aircraft type that is called SENIORITY it keeps everyone happy.

I am one of the ex-KLMuk guys to sign up for the mainline contract and for me it has been one of the best jobs i could have ever dream't for, though i do admit it only was only good for a few ie co-pilots.

What i am supprised about is how some of my ex-KLMuk colleagues bully and ostracise me on an everyday occurance since i signed the new contract, i would love to know how i have personally changed and deserve this. One cant even go into the old NH (AIRuk bar) Hotel without getting abuse.

I hope that in the long run BALPA and KLM can find a solution that will work for both parties. At the moment we are 2 work forces doing the same job and thats not right after all.

Last edited by KLMer; 9th Mar 2006 at 22:28.