PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 43 Air School (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2006, 17:13
JetWSH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 43 the best ya right

I have been in aviation for approximately 15 years. I have flown with many pilots over the years and 43 graduates do not rate in my top 10. One thing I will give them is 10 out of 10 for their arrogance/confidence. However arrogance when they are wrong is a dangerous thing. They believe that they know all and no one can teach them anything!

I have been in many situations with these "gods gift to aviation" pilots and they are in a word SHOCKING. When they come out of the promised land of flying they really lack basic skills! I am fortunately in an airline now and only on occasion have to fly with these Chuck Yeager's of SA aviation.

The truth be told the idea of 43 is great but the attitude that comes with that licence is not worth the money! I have sent my kids some where else to learn the skills required to be a good and competent pilot.

I have flown with many competent pilots and alot of 43 products but initial they should realise they are small fishs in a big pond.

I have had the misfortune of meeting a pilot from 43 lately who is after a few months is a training Captain on a reasonable sized aircraft and son you have alot to learn.

This is not a personal attack but this is the truth!

In all honesty and I would recommend many other schools. But you make up your own mind.