PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2006, 16:26
SASfox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said. I speak as an ex bmi crew member of 8 years and a bmi gold card holder now which BTW will be back to a basic blue in May due to the fact that i have given up with bmi. Infact yesterday i bought a BA ticket to GLA, the 1st time i have flown with BA on a route which they share with bmi. When i joined "British Midland" in 1996 they had just started calling themselves the Airline for Europe and at that time they were with new routes coming on line every timetable change...WAW, BUD, FCO, BCN etc. Then the name change to bmi and for me the death of a once great airline. I left in August 2004 but keep in touch with many people still flying from LHR. I couldn't beleive moral could get lower but it has. What would i change if i could, well bring back a business cabin on ALL flights. I remember the curtain had to be behind row 3 for business when i was there...why? At SAS we can have the curtain behind row 1 if business is that quiet thus we don't need to upgrade as many pax when Y is full. I remember we flew LHR-PMI-LHR last June a few weeks before business was scrapped at bmi. The flight was full and the curtain was behind row 8. So that was 40 business seats all full with fare paying pax. Angie in PMI told me that most of the business pax's on our flight were regulars. If wonder if they still fly bmi?
bmi do do a lot of things right. It's by far the easiest way to get a Star Alliance gold card at just 38,000 miles compared to 50,000 with most other partners. Their business class product on longhaul is fantastic. I flew first class with Lufthansa last month to India and bmi back. bmi was far better that LH, but hell they have made some mighty cock up's over the past 18 months. So come on Nigel bring back BUSINESS on all domestic and European flights. Maybe free tea/coffee and juice in Y and pay for the rest. Otherwise you could be loosing more than just your passengers!