PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2006, 15:54
sjm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

If a union that protests to protect the interests of the UK pilot work force doesnt bother to take up your cause, that must say something.
Personally I wouldnt pay a penny of my wages to BALPA they look after who they want when they want. BA mainly.
While your all bitching to balpa about type ratings maybe you should also complain about foriegn pilots, those over 50?, left handed pilots?, those with more than 2.4 children? and anyone else who doesnt fit "whingy hard done by pilot" bracket. By the way this is a crowd who also charge £50 to sit and listen to airlines once a year, thats a large profit margin.
A recent BALPA letter around my company stated that all members should carry an application form so that those not members could be pressured into joining claiming that they were riding on the back of others. BALPA doesnt give a monkeys either about Wannabes, there jobsite is a joke!

Do you honestly think anybody on this topic that has a job and is fighting for his pension gives a monkeys about those trying to get there first job or second for that matter. They would shaft you in a instant if thier company said "we will lay off 20 new bonded(none of whom paid for a type rating) Fos so you can keep your pension" Where would the loyalty be then. Where were these pilots when B scales were introduced to new pilots in some major compnaies?, not supporting thier co workers thats for sure and now they have run out of excuses as to why T and Cs are slipping further, they look for a new scape goat.

Well wake up you fools nobody goes to work to earn a living for the greater cause, they go to provide for families and lifestyle, the argument is evident from the fact that these TP jocks are complaining about me earning 40K+ a year instead of them.

Christ you all need to grow up a bit, get on with finding/moving jobs and stop blaming evryone else for your failings and lack of opportunity.

And by the way I did more than my fair share of flying in crap a/c, six months without a day off, waiting to fly in rundown airfields, I have 2000+ TT and all things going to plan and suitablity be looking at a command in two years time! £80k+ them aint bad T's and C's if you ask me.

Maybe you will blame the lowcost sector for it next, after all they only provided a vast amount of new opportunities for the industry that wernt there before.

Regards