PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone have ANA Cargo / NCA info?
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2006, 15:04
Lear70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got some information, then found out that I'm "not qualified" with over 7,000 hours total time, 4,000 hours PIC jet, 4 type ratings including the 727 and 737, almost 1,000 hours in the 727 and 3,000 hours in the last 5 years flying EFIS and FMS equipped aircraft.

If that doesn't make me qualified, I don't know what DOES. I was told that most of the people getting interviewed are 757/767 guys from the majors like USAirways who will probably not see their jobs again for about 10 years or more.

From some guys who work there, schedule is 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. Base in SFO flies all over the orient. Base in JFK basically just does back and forth ORD ANC and back to JFK. Even though I live in TN I was going to go for the SFO base.

Single occupancy hotel during training. Time off to visit family during training (since it takes half a year).

Expats fly with expats, Americans with Americans. Americans are inelligible for the AMS domicile.

Upgrade runs 4-5 years and pays about $180 grand a year plus the one month's salary bonus every 3 years completion of contract.

Contracts are auto-renewing for 3 year terms unless you've screwed up or pissed them off, then they auto-renew for ONE year to let you know they're upset with you. It's up to you to fix that or expect not to be renewed the next year.

They're changing over from NCA to NYG, which means the Zed passes MIGHT go away, they don't know yet. Large amounts of growth expected.

That's about it. Couldn't find interview gouge, but good luck to you!