PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB Report on ERA S-76 CFIT
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2006, 14:23
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SASless,
To my knowledge, NO S76 was ever delivered without a rad alt, it is part of the baseline cockpit, paid with the sales price, and it would cost more to take it out for 1 operator! The rad alt has settable low altitude warning lights. The one reported here might have been modified in the field. I also find it interesting that instead of discussing the point, you try lamely to attack me or the company I worked for as if that explains the problem! Sad try. What about the basic point I make?

topendtorque,
I have no idea what you are saying, is it that you speculate that all 5 altimeters in the aircraft were stuck? Not likely. You say I should not be so hard on the drivers, which means you completely miss my point. I am not hard on those pilots in the aircraft, I am being hard on those pilots on the ground at pprune and elsewhere who decide as long as it is "pilot error" the solution is found and the problem goes away.

We must all work to make BETTER helos and better airspace systems, so that we can eliminate all pilot error accidents at the source (i.e. improve the difficult task) and not at the convenient end point (the dead pilot).

Last edited by NickLappos; 9th Mar 2006 at 14:39.