PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Funded Type Ratings
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2006, 13:39
On speed on profile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not The Point Putang Luva

Decisive Attitude, While I have heard that statement about bonds not being legally enforceable. I know of a specific instance where someone was made to pay a bond back after leaving with that thought in the back of their mind. It was my old company and everyone there thought that their bonds werent legally enforceable. It probably depends on the contract. I cant see how a 'return of service' contract is not legally enforceable, thats how the airforce work and any of their pilots who go AWOL are punished severely.

Jet2 & Decisive Attitude, Maybe making bonds legally enforceable will help, if they are not already. The thing is, until we start penalising those that will buy a SSTR, it wouldnt do much good. Jet2, you are 100% correct when you say airlines should PROTECT THEIR INVESTMENT. I couldnt agree more. I would add one more thing and say that it would be beneficial as companies arent going to have to retrain pilots to company SOP's all the time whereas in a SSTR market with minimal bonding, they have no ability to retain their pilots who think the grass is greener elsewhere.

Pootang Luva,

I find it funny though that people expect newbies to care about their older and 'wiser' (quite possibly sponsored) collegues T&C's.
Just to set you straight, I am 1)Not sponsored and 2)Not an 'older or wiser' colleague that is trying to save my own lifestyle. I still have 30+ years in the industry and I dont want to work for peanuts by the time I get to retirement age. You have completely missed the point of a lot of people who care about this subject and hard as it may be for you to see, I am trying to save your own personal Ts and C's both now and in the future.

I started this thread to find out what people who care about this can do about it. I dont want to know what your opinion is, I want to know what BALPA are doing about those people that are buying SSTR's.

For this reason, I am not going to debate the merits of whether buying a type rating is right or wrong in this thread. You obviously know my opinion so why dont you read this thread: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...=213535&page=5

It has all my counter arguments if you can be bothered to read it. If you are so worried about what I am trying to achieve, then why dont you start up a thread with your own SSTR buddies about how to best maintain/improve or dare I say it, retain your Ts and Cs! Trying to belittle my aims will only harden me to try and achieve what we all want. Better Ts and C's

OSOP

Last edited by On speed on profile; 9th Mar 2006 at 14:10.