PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Funded Type Ratings
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2006, 09:50
On speed on profile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flopsie,

With the utmost respect, if enough of us bash our heads against the brick wall, it will fall over. If I am the only one who does it, then it wont. I would very much like to see the brick wall fall over and I know many others here that do as well.

My point is that we should penalise the pilots who are accepting these terms and conditions. If a pilot can not get BALPA or any other support because he decided to undercut his fellow colleagues, then why should my BALPA membership fees go to support him in a case against his airline or in court fees when he prangs a company jet.

I have said it before, in todays age, most pilots would agree that having a bit of security when it comes to employment issues is a good thing. Take that away from the offenders and watch a few of them crumple and the message starts to get through!

This is a big part of the fight that BALPA currently has when it comes to maintaining and bettering Ts and C's!

Just for clarity, SSTR and Buying a TR are exactly the same! I have said this before as well. I see no problem with being bonded. Accepting a bond where you dont outlay any cost is perfectly acceptable, why would a company take a risk on you if they knew you would leave after 3 months, they would go bust in days if they did! Taking a personal loan is not an acceptable way. If we can reintroduce bonding as the only suitable way, companies will be forced to recruit those they know are more likely to "pass the test" and your experienced pilot who is currently having to BUY A SSTR will be judged on his merit and ability and given a bond accordingly!

OSOP