PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2006, 08:02
MyData
Fixed+Rotary (aircraft, not washing lines)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read this thread with dismay, but can identify with what some of the other PAX are saying.

I've been a very regular domestic and international PAX for years now. Originally BM were the bees knees. Joining the Star Alliance was a great move. Then, for business reason I got to fly very regularly with BA MAN<->LHR due to the schedule, but always reverted to what was by now BMI when taking other routes.

Recently though my perception of BMI has dropped considerably. BA is BA is BA. You know where you stand and what you are getting. I also understood where BMIBaby fitted in the scheme of things. But now the service is unrecognisable from a couple of years ago - am I flying with a LoCo or a Premium airline? What lounge access / loyalty will this ticket grant me? Can I use my FF card for access here or not (based on the combination of this ticket or class of service?) Do I get a drink / snack included or do I pay? Is there hot food available or not?

As stated previously - this might all be fine for those looking for the £19.99 return fares at 1000hrs or 1500hrs but for business PAX we want consistency and reliability and a level of service. Some might say that it is madness to pay 'premium' rates, but when you spend more time in airports and on flights in a couple of days than most PAX spend in a year you (and your business) want to have a reliable level of decent service.

And perception *is* reality. The previous post about what is BMI? (Loco / Premium, Boeing / Airbus / Embrear, Long Haul / Short Haul / Regional, Baby / Grown up etc.) is very very telling. Regardless of a later explanation the fact is that it is now confusing to exactly what BMI is and what it wants to be. As a loyal and regular PAX I am getting very tempted to switch to BA because I know what it is, what it does, where it happens and what I get. And in simple terms that makes my life easier.